High-quality CPD for our teachers and leaders
Aims, vision and values...
London District East Teaching School Hub is one of 87 Teaching School Hubs designated by the Department for Education. Each Teaching School Hub has a specific geographical area: our Hub has a responsibility to all 238 schools in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Newham.
We deliver high-quality CPD programmes for teachers at every stage of their career. We hope to equip teachers with the evidence-informed training that they need to 'keep getting better' and make a difference for every pupil in our region.
We are a collaborative not-for-profit organisation, to provide all schools in the hub area with excellence in professional learning.
- To enable schools to retain, grow and nurture great staff, teachers and leaders.
- To ensure every pupil, regardless of background, experiences a great education.
A partnership of education providers focused on the very best teacher training, leadership development and school to school support.
This collaborative approach is rooted in the shared vision that system-led improvements come through sharing effective, evidence-informed practices.
Key Performance Indicators
Delivering on the Department for Education’s Golden Thread of evidence-based Continuing Professional Development for all teachers to aid teacher recruitment and retention.
- Early Career Framework (ECF): We are a delivery Partner for Ambition Institute's Early Career Teacher Programme.
- Reformed Specialist and Leadership NPQs: We are a delivery Partner for the Ambition Institute NPQs. In conjunction with local delivery hubs with BDSIP in Barking & Dagenham and LiFE Education Trust and Havering Academy of LEadership in Havering.
- Initial Teacher Training/SCITT (School-Centred Initial Teacher Training): We are an accredited provider via London District East SCITT. We train 20 - 30 primary trainees per year and up to 10 in secondary shortage subjects, starting in 2022 with Forest Gate Community School in Newham.
- Appropriate Body Services: We offer Appropriate Body Services alongside BDSIP (Barking & Dagenham), HES (Havering) and NPW (Newham).
- Other Continuing Professional Development: We work with all local curriculum hubs and our local research school to engage schools with all local offers
Episode 2: The New Teaching School Hub, the Early Career Framework and the Reformed NPQs…with guests Craig Lilleyman (Director, London District East Teaching School Hub), Amanda Jackson (HES, Havering lead for ECF) and Paul Claydon (LIFE Trust, Havering lead for NPQs)
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/714b8b9e-96a9-415e-bebd-a744af913f86/episodes/c07cb444-f5df-4c4d-abc1-a072c2b15824/the-havering-academy-of-leadership-podcast-episode-2-the-new-teaching-school-hub-the-early-career-framework-and-the-reformed-npqs