Welcome to London District East SCITT
What our trainees say about us?
''Training with the London District East SCITT has been a life-changing experience. The guidance, support and overall ethos of the alliance is exceptional. It gives you all the tools to embark on your teaching journey".
"Gives you the opportunity to have real, in class experience from day one, with support from trained mentors that guide you through every step of your teaching journey".
“London District East has an exceptional support system in place. You instantly feel like you are part of a family and there is a fantastic network of incredible colleagues that are there for you every step of the way on your teaching journey.”
What we offer:
London District East SCITT is part of the London District East Teaching School Hub, based at The Boleyn Trust in Newham, East London.
Our SCITT is at the centre of our strong network of schools and leaders that spreads across Newham and East London.
Our trainee curriculum is centred around our trainees as novice teachers and aims to link into the 'golden thread' of teacher development, as devised by the DfE to lead into the subsequent ECF and NPQ programmes.
Our subject training recognises the importance of knowledge and a full and rich across the subject being taught, to encourage lifelong learning as subject and phase specialists.
- We are a small SCITT and therefore our partnerships and relationships are very personal.
- We welcome those experienced in schools and career changers.
- We offer a full time course, with most of the training and practise based in good and outstanding schools across East London.
- Our school-based and centre-based training is led by our subject leads, including and drawing upon those from our local curriculum hubs.
- Trainees are allocated a Mentor and a Tutor to support, develop and challenge them through the course.
- All Mentors and Tutors are trained in Instructional Coaching.
- Tutors visit trainees every half-term to support and assess progress.
- Trainees spend time at an alternative school in the Spring Term.
- We provide Primary and Secondary immersion experiences for all trainees.
- Trainees who opt for the PGCE undertake it our local partner University: the University of East London.
- All trainees are signed up to a well-being package and have direct contact with SCITT leaders throughout the year.
The Boleyn Trust recently won a Pearson National Teaching Award celebrating partnership working.
Newham educators, school, sports academy and trust all win national teaching awards
The Boleyn Trust has the MIND Gold award – achieving excellence.
The Gold award is given to employers who have successfully embedded mental health into their policies and practices, demonstrating a long-term and in-depth commitment to staff mental health.