SCITT Programmes in East London Schools
Our vision is making a real difference to children's life chances.
As a partnership of schools, we work together to recruit and train excellent teachers, who are inspired and equipped to continue to develop their teaching and leadership skills throughout their careers.
School Direct Salaried Programme (QTS)
School Direct Tuition Fee Programme (QTS)
School Direct PGCE Programme (QTS) with the University of East London
We aim to:
- train outstanding teachers who ensure that all pupils in their classrooms make rapid and sustained progress
- develop a strong workforce for our local schools by creating future leaders
- employ and retain qualified teachers in the local area
- enable trainees to achieve recommendation for qualified teacher status and gain the award of Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), if applicable.
Trainees who have successfully completed the programme will show:
- The knowledge, skills and understanding required to be excellent teachers.
- Excellent subject knowledge of the National Curriculum that is secure and detailed including national and local developments.
- Well-developed understanding of how children learn including early mathematics, reading and systematic synthetic phonics.
- An ability to reflect on own practice and strive for excellence.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent and effective learning environments that challenge and stretch all learners, which are rooted in mutual respect.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and challenge learners.
- Well-developed understanding of how to plan to meet the needs of all pupils including those with special educational needs; those of high ability; those with English as an additional language; those with disabilities; and be able to use and consistently and effectively evaluate and adapt teaching to support them.
- Consistent and effective use of formative and summative data to secure progress for all pupils, through sequences of learning over time.
- Ability to take responsibility for and have the knowledge, understanding and skills to promote and manage behaviour effectively and create an excellent climate for learning.
- Initiate and take responsibility for their own personal development through consulting consistently and effectively with colleagues as appropriate.
- High standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school by demonstrating a highly professional approach to teaching through having an appropriate conduct and understanding school policies and practice.
Once the course is completed they can become part of the ECT cohort with our teaching school. Details can be found here.