Course Entry Requirements
The formal entry requirements are:
- GCSE grade C or above in English Language, Mathematics and Science. These qualifications must be awarded prior to starting this programme. Other GCSEs are required to show a good spread of curriculum subjects.
- A minimum 2.2 honours degree from a UK University or a recognised equivalent qualification.
- The applicant’s previous education must demonstrate a good foundation of knowledge to become a competent primary teacher. They must be able to communicate clearly and grammatically in spoken and written standard English.
Applicants who do not hold an English Language, Science or Mathematics GCSE Grade C
If you do not hold a GCSE in English Language, mathematics or science at grade C will need to apply for an equivalence test. We accept equivalency tests from A* Teachers:
Telephone number of A* Star Teachers is 020 7272 7070 and the website is www.astarequivalency.co.uk.
Applicants with Non- British Qualifications
If your qualifications are from a non-UK institution, you must apply for a Statement of Comparability to evidence the level of your overseas qualification/s through UK ENIC (formerly known as UK NARIC) on https://www.enic.org.uk/.
You will need to provide written evidence with your application.
Preparing for application
If you decide that you want to apply to train to be a teacher then you must prepare yourself fully for the application process.
To help you prepare you must do the following:
- Find all your original certificates for your qualifications. If you cannot find them contact the board to get a copy of the original. If you hold qualifications outside the UK contact ENIC to get the equivalence.
- Organise a visit to a primary school, you can do this by contacting email@example.com who will support you with this process.
- Read relevant educational publications including the Times Educational Supplement.
- Contact your two referees who should be senior professionals:
Referee 1: Head teacher or current manager– supporting the application
Referee 2: University degree professor or other senior professional
All applicants who submit an application that meets the LDE SCITT requirements, as set out in the application scrutiny process, will be invited to interview day 1. Candidates are encouraged to advise us of any Special Needs prior to the Interview days.