The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period and an ECT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed.
Across the London District East Region of Barking & Dagenham, Havering and these are the Appropriate Bodies:
London District East Teaching School Hub provides a comprehensive Appropriate Body Service for Early Career Teachers in maintained schools, academies, sixth form and FE colleges.
Costs for the academic year 2021-2022
- £250 per ECT per year - Full Induction Programme with Ambition Institute via the Hub
- £295 per ECT per year - Full Induction Programme with any other Lead Provider
- £595 per ECT per year - Core Induction Programme
- £950 per ECT per year for the School-Led Induction Programme
- £95 per single term (if required).
Schools choosing the Core Induction Programme and School-led Induction Programme will be prioritised in order to have the necessary fidelity checks completed prior to Induction starting for their ECTs.
Appropriate Body Services include:
- Bespoke support and advice for Head Teachers, Induction Tutors and ECTs via email, telephone and in-school visits.
- Appropriate Body Induction Tutor Training.
- Updates and guidance in changes within the statutory guidance on induction for Early Career Teachers.
- Registering ECTs with the Teaching Regulation Agency and updating their induction status as appropriate.
- Proactive quality assurance visits to support ECF provision in school.
- Monitoring of all termly progress reviews.
- Review of end of year assessments.
- Conducting cause for concern visits or reduced induction visits as required.
If you would like to nominate London District Teaching School Hub as your appropriate body - please email: email@example.com and Laura will help you.